NEW SUV PEUGEOT 3008
The SUV PEUGEOT 3008 is a leader in the compact SUV market, with more than 800,000 vehicles produced since its launch in 2016. It has achieved an outstanding commercial performance in Europe and internationally. The Car Of The Year 2017 award capped off this success.
The PEUGEOT brand is proud to present the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008.
Its inspired new design sets the tone for a new era of modernity with ever more elegance, a redesigned front end, new Full LED rear lights, new body colours and a new “Black Pack” option.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 perfectly embodies the power of choice, an idea that brand holds very dear and it comes with a rechargeable hybrid engine, two or four-wheel drive and petrol or diesel engines, combining driving pleasure and efficiency.
Without compromising on intelligent technologies, the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 comes with the latest-generation driving aids, as well as a new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with a new high-quality display headset and a new 10-inch high-definition touch screen.
To complete these extensive experiences, it has the new commercial range structure which was recently introduced on the PEUGEOT 308. This is made up of 3 levels of finishes with, for each of them, an additional set of equipment known as a “pack”.
Depending on the country of sale, the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 can be purchased on the “PEUGEOT STORE” online sales site, which offers 100% digital purchase, trade-in, financing and delivery options.
In order to stay one step ahead in terms of style, the front end of the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 has evolved towards a style that is as distinctive and unique as ever. This inspired design is setting the codes for the next phase of modernity, while enhancing refinement and vibrancy.
A new frameless grille symbolises the increasingly modern style, while maintaining a fluid design. In the designer’s words, it extends with fins under the headlamps to connect all of the elements. And lastly, the nose of the bonnet now proudly displays the model’s monogram, as does the entire Peugeot range.
To emphasise the sportiness, shiny black side scoops and a painted tread plate have been included into the new bumper from the first trim level.
There is a specific grille on the GT / GT Pack with a scalable design pattern to emphasise the stylistic upgrade of the GT versions.
The front headlamps have also been redesigned to be more aggressive and to split even more from current codes. They include LED technology from the very first level and are extended by hook-shaped DRLs with a chrome tip. This light signature is perfectly in line with the current Peugeot style and is identifiable at first glance.
On the GT / GT Pack levels, Full LED headlamps offer an even more high-tech and distinctive look, thanks to the extended light signature and the bend lighting function (EVS) which optimises visibility at speeds of up to 90 km/h.
Of particular note is the new “Foggy Mode” function which has replaced the fog lights. It is integrated into the Full LED headlamps, and switches on the low beam headlamps with reduced intensity when the rear fog lamps are activated.
At the rear, new, upgraded headlamps include Full LED technology (including the reversing light), displaying the 3D claws for a punchy light signature. The indicators are sequential.
The lights are covered with a clear, smoked glass, extending the black boot lid on each side of the vehicle, which helps to visually widen the rear of the vehicle.
The GT Pack level has a new 19-inch “San Francisco” diamond-studded aluminium wheel on the side to make this finish even more exclusive.
In addition, the GT monograms (front wings and boot lid) have been upgraded.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 will be available in the following shades :
- Celebes Blue (new shade)
- Vertigo Blue (new shade)
- Pearl White
- Artense Grey
- Platinum Grey
- Perla Nera Black
- Ultimate Red
For the most demanding customers looking for more vibrancy and elegance, there is a new “Black Pack” option to be offered on the top-of-the-range GT and GT Pack finish levels.
The following design elements will be darker :
- Front grille / Lion ‘Dark chrome’.
- Satin black 3008 / GT / Peugeot monograms
- Glossy black tread plate
- Glossy black front fender trims
- Satin black roof bars
- Glossy black roof trim
- Glossy black spoiler trim
- Glossy black rear bumper sill
- Black rubber wipers
- Black door bottoms
- 19” ‘Washington’ Black Pack special black onyx and Black mist varnish wheels
An enchanced experience with the new i-Cockpit®
The success of the PEUGEOT 3008 is also partly due to its spectacular interior. In the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® has changed to be even more modern and top of the range :
- The 12.3-inch digital headset, which is fully customisable and configurable, features a digital panel with “Normally Black” technology for high quality rendering with better readability and contrasts.
- The new central touch screen is 10 inches in size. The screen is high definition and comes with a series of seven elegant piano keys – the “toggle switches” – allowing direct and permanent access to the main comfort functions: radio, air conditioning, 3D connected navigation with voice command, vehicle settings, telephone, mobile applications and hazard warning lights. The rechargeable Hybrid versions have a specific button allowing access to the electrical functions menu.
On the centre console, all internal combustion engines equipped with automatic gearboxes are now fitted as standard with the driving mode selector that allows the driver to choose between Normal, Sport and Eco.
For versions with rechargeable Hybrid engines, the driving mode selector allows you to switch between Electric (default on start-up) / Hybrid / Sport / 4WD modes (HYBRID4 300 only).
To underscore the modernisation of the i-Cockpit, this upgrade is reflected in the interior with new trims, which add to the perceived level of quality and allure of the cabin:
- New Red Nappa Leather upholstery on GT / GT Pack,
- New Mistral Black PET / Alcantara® lining on GT / GT Pack,
- New Mistral Nappa Leather upholstery with Tramontane stitching available on all finishes,
- New mid-PET and textile upholstery on ALLURE / ALLURE Pack.
Embellished with the range of new exclusive decors:
- New Dark Lime Wood and window winder with chrome inserts on GT / GT Pack,
- New “Frameless” rear-view mirror on GT / GT Pack.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 includes all the latest generation of driving aids as part of its range of onboard technologies :
- Night Vision, unique in the compact SUV segment, detects living beings (pedestrians/animals) in front of the vehicle at night or in reduced visibility. The system’s range guarantees detection up to 200-250 m, beyond the range of the high beam, with a central display of the infrared view in the digital headset, and therefore in the driver’s field of vision.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go function (EAT8 automatic gearbox), adds the automatic restart of the vehicle if the stop was less than 3 seconds. Otherwise, a simple press on the accelerator pedal or the end of the steering wheel control restarts the function. The function is accessible from 0 km/h. Available as part of the Drive Assist Plus package.
- Lane position assist (linked to ACC Stop and Go), the system allows the driver to choose the position in the lane and requires the driver to keep his or her hands on the steering wheel. Available as part of the Drive Assist Plus package.
- Latest-generation automatic emergency braking (detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 5 km/h to 140 km/h depending on version) with collision risk warning,
- Extended recognition of traffic signs (stop, one-way, no overtaking, etc.).
Of course, the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 still offers a complete range of driving assistance equipment :
- Adaptive Cruise Control with 30 km/h function on manual gearbox with adjustable inter-vehicle distance setting,
- Visiopark 1 with 180° rear view camera,
- Visiopark 2 with 360° front and rear cameras,
- Park Assist, active assistance in parallel or perpendicular parking,
- Active warning of unintentional lane (or roadside) departure with trajectory correction,
- Driver Warning Alert, to detect driver alertness over long driving times and at speeds above 65 km/h by analysing steering wheel micro-movements,
- Automatic switching to and from high beam,
- Speed sign recognition and recommendation,
- Active blind spot monitoring system (with trajectory correction). This function is available from 12 km/h,
- Advanced Grip Control, optimised traction control with 4 grip modes (Normal, Snow, Mud, Sand) with specific tires,
- Hill Assist Descent Control (HADC) allows you to safely and perfectly control your vehicle and its trajectory on steep slopes.
- Hands-free tailgate,
- Dual-pane sunroof,
- Multi-point massage seats,
- Electric parking brake.
Smartphones have become an integral part of your daily life, much like they have for the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008. Information is integrated into the central screen thanks to MirrorScreen compatibility including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connection protocols. To recharge your devices, in addition to the wireless smartphone recharge, there is a USB socket in row 1 and two new USB sockets in row 2.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 can be equipped with a 515 Watt FOCAL® high-end Hifi system, with French-style high-fidelity sound for the enjoyment of the passengers. Another noteworthy addition is the new loudspeaker grilles (tweeters and centre channel), that now come in belem bronze
Rechargeable hybrid engines are an iconic symbol of the Brand’s Power of Choice philosophy, the new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 therefore comes with 2 rechargeable Hybrid engine options:
- HYBRID4 300 e-EAT8 / 4-wheel drive / from 29g/C02 per km and up to 59 km of 100% electric range (according to the WLTP protocol),
- HYBRID 225 e-EAT8 / 2-wheel drive / from 30g/C02 per km and up to 56 km of 100% electric range (according to WLTP protocol).
Remarkably efficient and powerful, the HYBRID 4300 e-EAT8 version was created by combining a 200hp (or 147kW) PureTech engine and two electric engines: one at the front coupled to the e-EAT8 gearbox that reaches 110hp (or 81kW) and the second positioned on the rear axle for 112hp (or 83kW).
The 4WD mode, also available in Electric mode, provides improved traction on roads and difficult terrain. The result is flawless grip: whether on wet, muddy, snowy or winding roads, the power is distributed electronically and evenly across all four wheels of the vehicle.
The 225hp (or 165kW) HYBRID two-wheel drive version combines a 180hp (or 132kW) PureTech engine with a 110hp (or 80kW) electric engine attached to the e-EAT8 gearbox.
Based on the Efficient Modular Platform (EMP2), both versions benefit from a multi-link rear suspension, creating a perfect balance between comfort and driving pleasure. All of this without affecting spaciousness and preserving the boot volume above the mat.
The Li-ion battery has a capacity of 13.2 kWh and two types of on-board chargers are available, meeting all customer needs and charging solutions, with a 3.7 kW single-phase charger as standard and a 7.4 kW single-phase charger as an option.
Estimated recharging times are as follows:
- with a 7.4 kW Wall Box: reaching full charge in 1h45 with the single-phase (7.4kW) on-board charger,
- with a reinforced socket (16A): for a full charge in 4 hours with the single-phase (3.7kW) onboard charger,
- with a standard socket (8A): for a full charge in 7 hours with the single-phase (3.7kW) on-board charger.
The TCO (Total Cost of ownership or cost per use) which is already used for professional customers, and of course applicable for private customers. The purchase cost of a plug-in hybrid vehicle is higher, but all factors must be taken into account:
- the variety of tax incentives (ecological bonuses, bonuses, corporate subsidies),
- the maintenance cost,
- the lower energy costs.
The objective is to offer a TCO or equivalent running cost between a combustion vehicle and an electric vehicle.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 is available with the following combustion engines, CO2 content starting at 129 g/km. Complying with €6 regulations and approved according to the WLTP protocol (Worldwide harmonised Light vehicles Text Procedures).
- 3-cylinder engines with 1.2L displacement :
- PureTech 130 S&S BVM6,
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8.
- 1.6L 4-cylinder engine :
- PureTech 180 EAT8.
- 4-cylinder engines with 1.5L displacement :
- BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8,
- BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8.
PEUGEOT’s ecosystem :
In order to support our customers who have bought a new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 with a rechargeable hybrid engine in the energy transition, the PEUGEOT brand is offering a range of services based on three pillars.
Easy-Charge or how to ensure our customers have easy access to different charging :
- a charging solution offer for home or office use, via a wide range of equipment (reinforced socket, Wall box, Smart Wall box, …), a diagnosis to evaluate the electrical installation to be provided and the best charging solution as well as the final installation,
- a public recharging offer via Free2Move Services, including a recharging pass with access to a network of more than 195,000 terminals in Europe: pre-selection of terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging. The connected navigation system guides the user to the selected terminal.
Easy-Move or how to ensure our customers’ mobility in all circumstances :
- Trip planner: a tool for planning and organising long trips via the Free2Move Services smartphone application, offering the best routes taking into account residual autonomy and the location of charging points along the road. Sending the trip to the Connected Navigation allows you to find this trip in the vehicle,
- Mobility Pass: extended and guaranteed mobility thanks to a flat-rate included in the vehicle rental that allows you to have a vehicle on hire at any time according to your needs.
Easy-care or how to reassure our customers during their discovery of the process and let them enjoy their car with complete peace of mind:
- new simulators and digital routes to help explore electricity on the PEUGEOT brand websites,
- service contracts and adapted roadside assistance, which can be included in a single financing package so you can enjoy your vehicle with complete peace of mind,
- a certificate of battery capacity during service, with a view to making it easier to resell their vehicle by guaranteeing the level of capacity of the vehicle’s battery,
- the battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charge capacity.
From the MyPeugeot® smartphone application or from the connected navigation screen, you can:
- Launch or program thermal pre-conditioning, beyond providing comfort, when the vehicle is connected this feature allows the range to be optimised (faster convergence of the temperature set-point during the starting phases) and to reach the optimal battery operating temperature more quickly,
- Consult, program, start or defer battery charging.
A creative and disctinctive upgrade
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 symbolises a new move upmarket in terms of its design and equipment. This makes it easier to read the sales offer and enhances the different levels of trim.
This new range structure is based on 3 trim levels. Each of them can be completed by an intermediate level, called a “Pack”, in order to meet the demands of customers looking for greater comfort, aesthetics or assistance. The move upmarket is now as shown below (with a few examples of equipment) :
- ACTIVE -> 17-inch Aluminium wheels / Visibility Pack / Hands-free start / Dual zone air conditioning / Rear parking assistance / Digital radio (DAB),
- ACTIVE PACK ->ACTIVE + Mirror screen / electrically folding mirrors / Front parking aid and VisioPark 1,
- ALLURE -> 18-inch alloy wheels / Tinted windows / Safety Plus package / Navigation with 10″ display / PET fabric upholstery,
- ALLURE PACK -> ALLURE + Hands-free access and start + Roof rack + Passenger seat reclining + Ambient lighting pack and textile decorations,
- GT -> specific 18-inch aluminium rims / Black Diamond roof / Assist Plus drive pack / Full LED headlamps / PET-Alcantara® upholstery,
- GT Pack -> GT + 19-inch alloy wheels / Hands-free tailgate / City 2 Pack / FOCAL® Hifi / Massaging electric seats pack).
Driving pleasure is part of the DNA of this new SUV PEUGEOT 3008. Its handling is outstanding, it comes with top-of-the-range driving comfort, ensures excellent driving pleasure and remains perfectly manoeuvrable in town with a turning radius between kerbs of 10.7 m.
Depending on the country of sale, PEUGEOT will be launching the PEUGEOT STORE (Peugeot Store). This is the first 100% online sales site that now makes it possible to buy a new vehicle, have your old vehicle taken back and finance your new vehicle from your smartphone, tablet or PC. Each customer will have the freedom to choose to have their vehicle delivered to their home free of charge while scrupulously respecting all safety standards.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 3008 will be marketed in Europe at the end of 2020. It is produced in France in Sochaux (25).